[ndnSIM] CalculateRoutes and link cost

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Mon Jun 10 11:00:05 PDT 2013

Hi Saran,

There is one trick that is needed to activate link weights set up in topology file. Uou have to call

topologyReader.ApplyOspfMetric ();

after you installed NDN stack on nodes.

I pushed a small example how to do it: https://github.com/NDN-Routing/ndnSIM/blob/master/examples/ndn-triangle-calculate-routes.cc

The main reason why this requires a separate step is that these weights are applied on NDN level, which makes sense only after NDN stack is installed.  However, to install NDN stack, one need to create nodes first.