[ndnSIM] CalculateRoutes and link cost

Saran Tarnoi sarantarnoi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 04:37:28 PDT 2013

Dear All,

I'm curious how  CalculateRoutes in cdnGlobalRoutingHelper actually works.
Does it really take the link costs defined in topology file into routing
consideration?
I modified the link costs in topology file but the route didn't change at
all.

I found a very helpful guide about route metrics here.
http://www.lists.cs.ucla.edu/pipermail/ndnsim/2013-March/000259.html

However, cdnGlobalRoutingHelper.CalculateRoutes() don't follow the logic.
It seems to me that it uses only the hop count as routing metric.
If I misunderstand, please let me know.

Thank you so much for your time.
--
Regards,