[Ndn-interest] Basic Query about Dual Names for one Content

Syed Hassan Ahmed s.h.ahmed at ieee.org
Thu Jul 21 09:26:58 PDT 2016

​Dear Prof. Junxiao,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I understood the encapsulation idea,
however, your very last comment is basically endorsing my query, where, the
appearance of two prefixes may occur for the same content, the consumer has
to send Interest two times. Because upon the first Interest Type 1
(referring my previous email), the consumer couldn't retrieve the required
content, but it has been informed (redirected) to retransmit Interest with
the valid Name prefix...

1. Now here jumps in the attacker? Or Malicious Node? What is the security
aspect in this case?
2. Why would a consumer believe this publisher's intention? If the
redirecting message is only signed by the vehicle?
3. And through what medium/face this Redirection information will be
passed? I mean, in a pull based manner, the producer only sends Data, if
the prefix matches, otherwise, forwarding Daemon gets active for that
Interest and takes decision depending on the strategy, of course.

Is there any scheme or architectural discussion available, where, two
prefixes are used for same content or chunk level retrieval. ?

Dear Andrew Brown,

Thanks for your response. Tell me if I am wrong, I understand your example,
as we have sensors installed for lets say Temperature Monitoring, and by
sending an Interest, you want to retrieve sensed information from either
specific sensor or generally from any sensor. I think, if the former case,
if some other consumer has already requested the device specific readings
and it is cached in the nearby router, so you will get it retrieved by
sending the first prefix that you mentioned.

Also, I agree that in the latter case, you have to have two prefixes and
even though the reading is identical, but since in the first case, you are
being device specific and in the second, you aren't.. As per current NDN, I
can't find the other solutions for such case other than application
sophistication level.

Best Regards,
*Syed Hassan Ahmed *(하산)
Kyungpook National University,