[Nfd-dev] NFD Android

Alex Afanasyev aa at cs.fiu.edu
Wed Jul 19 04:53:27 PDT 2017

> On Jul 18, 2017, at 9:50 PM, Gusev, Peter <peter at remap.ucla.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> How do Android apps communicate with NFD in the NDN app? I suppose apps on Android are sandboxed similarly to iOS (is this wrong?) and not sure how my app would create a unix socket connection with NFD. Likewise, how the app would access the keychain? (disclaimer: my app uses NDN-CPP)

App to NFD via localhost TCP socket.

NFD's and Apps Keychain not shared (and should not).  The identity manager that (will be) built into NFD android will be responsible for maintaining "user" specific identities, apps can either maintain completely independent identities or derived from user ones via the identity manager API.