[Nfd-dev] NFD Android

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Tue Jul 18 13:06:04 PDT 2017

Hi Peter

Android apps usually connect to local NFD via TCP, because jNDN library does not natively support Unix sockets.
NFD-Android itself definitely cannot listen on the usual Unix socket endpoint /var/run/nfd.sock on an unrooted device because that path is only writable by root. I do not know whether there is an alternate location.

KeyChain can be placed on the SD card, but it’s unsafe because SD card is not encrypted and an attacker can pull out of the SD card when the device is powered off.
Alternatively, every app can have its own KeyChain in its data directory, which is protected by the OS.
I don’t know where NFD-Android stores its own KeyChain, and more importantly, how to insert a certificate into that KeyChain so that I can have auto prefix propagation.

Yours, Junxiao