[Nfd-dev] Clarification on TLV-TYPE

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Wed Aug 30 07:53:27 PDT 2017

Hi Damian

Allocating the same TLV-TYPE number to multiple applications does not
violate "TLV-TYPE SHOULD be unique at all nested level" recommendation.
For example, NLSR could use 233 to indicate "number of routing updates",
and NFD management could use 233 to indicate "remote FaceUri" (this is not
actual assignment). Since NLSR's struct is not nested within NFD
management's struct, the recommendation is not violated.

Yours, Junxiao