[Nfd-dev] Clarification on TLV-TYPE

Damian Matthew Coomes (dmcoomes) dmcoomes at memphis.edu
Fri Aug 25 12:52:41 PDT 2017

All,

I would like some clarification on the available TLV-TYPE numbers. Nick Gordon brought to my attention that the TLV document states "TLV-TYPE SHOULD be unique at all nested levels", found near the bottom of this page: http://named-data.net/doc/ndn-tlv/tlv.html. Does this mean that the range of TLV-TYPE numbers set aside for application use are shared across all applications? If so, I would like to point back to my earlier question: Is it concerning that NLSR assigns ~20 TLV-TYPE numbers for statistical purposes?

Davide, I saw your response. I will take those alternatives into consideration if the above assignment is not allowed.

Thank you for your help and advice,

Damian