[Nfd-dev] NDN through NATs

Christos Papadopoulos christos at colostate.edu
Sun Apr 9 18:00:03 PDT 2017

Hi John,

As you point out the restriction was there to ease management. If
management can be done through a NAT then I suppose we could allow
exceptions under situations such as those you describe below.

I am still not entirely comfortable with NATs since they add another
layer to be configured properly and a dependence on another machine. But
if you feel comfortable with them then I have no objection.

Just curious, is there a good reason why they want to put a testbed
machine behind a NAT? Is it lack of routable IP addresses or something else?

Christos.