[Nfd-dev] namespace-based strategy choice weakness

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Tue Jul 5 13:56:42 PDT 2016

Hi Susmit

a)
This question is orthogonal to my post. I'm talking about *what* goes into
the strategy choice table and how are the entries interpreted, not *where*
those entries come from.
Today it's a local configuration by admin of each router / end host.
"expressing
strategy choice through routing protocols" is a different idea under
discussion.

b)
Each strategy optimizes for a different goal, such as lower delay, higher
throughput. It does not prioritize traffic of one application over another.
If you mislabel web traffic as download traffic, you get higher throughput
but possibly more delay so navigation actions are less responsive.

Yours, Junxiao