[Nfd-dev] namespace-based strategy choice weakness

Susmit susmit at cs.colostate.edu
Mon Jul 4 18:15:18 PDT 2016

> NFD can choose effective strategy from a marked component.
> Instead of doing longest prefix match in the strategy choice table, a
> strategy choice entry can indicate:
>
> contains "app=ndncon" => realtime
> contains "app=ndnfs" => high-throughput

Two questions,

a) Who is responsible for configuring strategies? Operators or users?
Should users be responsible for finding optimal stategies in the
network?

b) How are we going to stop people from mislabeling Interests?
Hypothetically speaking, If web search strategy is
"normal-throughput", pages will load faster if they are labeled
"high-throughput".

Thanks.

--

Regards,