[Nfd-dev] review request: NDNLPv2 NACK, Fragmentation, LocalControlHeader

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Tue Jun 9 20:15:20 PDT 2015

Hi Christian

20150608 NFD call decides to take two of your suggestions.

NdnlpHeader wrapper
NdnlpHeader wrapper is eliminated.
Instead, header fields are placed directly under LpPacket element.
TLV-TYPE codes [81:99] and [800:959] are reserved for header fields, and
[960:999] are reserved for trailer fields.

Unknown Fields
I have adopted the idea in
http://www.lists.cs.ucla.edu/pipermail/nfd-dev/2014-July/000282.html
When an unknown header field appears, if its TLV-TYPE is within [800:959]
range, the least significant bit determines whether to drop the packet or
ignore the field. For [81:99] range, the only action is to drop the packet.

The protocol document has been updated to reflect the above (and other)
changes.
http://redmine.named-data.net/projects/nfd/wiki/NDNLPv2

Yours, Junxiao