[Nfd-dev] review request: NDNLPv2 NACK, Fragmentation, LocalControlHeader

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Thu Jun 4 12:00:20 PDT 2015

Hi Christian

The statement "NDNLPv2 will be an index-fragment protocol only" is wrong.
B-E fragmentation is possible, but B-indicator and E-indicator need to be
header fields. The NdnlpFragment type remains the same.

Your assumption is not wrong. NDNLPv2 is designed to be extensible: each
feature can add its own header or trailer fields.

Typically, a link should not have multiple link protocols: most links
should use NDNLPv2; a link with ultra low MTU (eg. NFC) should use a
different link protocol (probably with a fixed header).
Otherwise, it's up to the link implementation to differentiate between a
NDNLPv2 packet and a packet of another link protocol.

Yours, Junxiao