[ndnSIM] Import Error using Python visualizer

Sam Layton slayton333 at gmail.com
Wed May 22 12:11:36 PDT 2019

Hello there,

I am trying to install and use ndnSIM 2.7 with the Python visualizer on
Ubuntu 18.04. I was able to successfully configure and compile ndnSIM but
when I try to run an example with the visualizer, I receive an import
error.

I am running the following command:
./waf --run=ndn-simple --vis

and I receive the following error:

No visualization support (cannot import name core).
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 2, in <module>
  File "/home/sam/Documents/ndnSIM/ns-3/src/visualizer/visualizer/core.py", line
1875, in start
    import sys
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a Python object

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you for your time.

Kind regards
Sam