[ndnSIM] Adding another "Name" type of field in Interest packet

Mudasir Qazi mudasirqazi00 at gmail.com
Sat May 26 12:08:50 PDT 2018

Thanks for the clarification. And thanks for reply. I really really
appreciate your time and effort on this forum.

Actually I need a std::string type of field carried in Interest,
manipulated at intermediate nodes and reach to producer. Producer will read
it and do its actions.
For this purpose, I have tired following options:
1. I created a list of Name as Interest field but it did not worked out.
Does not correctly carried to the producer.
2. I created vector of string but it also did not worked out. Gives errors
in wireEncoding and wireDecoding.
3. I created a new Name field but it also did not worked out. Gives tlv
related errors.

In total I have spent a lot of time, just a lot of time these tries.
Can you please suggest the best and easiest way?
As adding new Name type of field also did't worked, I was planning to use
the already added Name field. I will manipulate it at consumer and
transmit. Intermediate nodes and producer will read it and do their work.
Wold it work? Is there any better way?