[ndnSIM] Adding another "Name" type of field in Interest packet

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Sat May 26 11:56:52 PDT 2018

Hi Mudasir

I have tried adding another "Name" type of field in Interest packet.

What's the semantics of this new field?
It's *usually* a wrong design if you need a secondary name.

* To guide forwarding: use ForwardingHint field.
* To give additional parameters to the producer: append those parameters to
the name. In case producer must return a Data generated by some other node,
encapsulate that Data into a new Data that matches the Interest.
* To indicate who expressed the Interest: you shouldn't indicate who
expressed the Interest, unless it changes the Data. In that case, see the
second point.

> *in wireDecode method:*
> m_Name2.wireDecode(m_wire.get(tlv::Name2));
>
> *Error:*
> When I'm running scenario, its builds successfully. But after linking
> files and before launching the simulator it gives following error:

> 'boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<ndn::Block::Error>
> >'
>   what():  (Block::get) Requested a non-existed type [10] from Block

This error message indicates Nonce element (TLV-TYPE 0x0A ie decimal 10) is
missing.