[ndnSIM] Help required! Regarding NFD

Hammad Zafar hammad.zafar at y7mail.com
Thu Jan 25 08:41:55 PST 2018

Hi everyone,
I am currently working on a forwarding strategy of my own which would be installed on the router nodes. So far, I have followed the method of using a custom forwarding strategy depicted in one of the examples "ndn-load-balancer" (http://ndnsim.net/2.4/examples.html), which incorporates the "Random-Load-Balancer" strategy. The header and source files of the strategy are placed in 'examples' folder. But when I try to install the strategy on one of the nodes using,
StrategyChoiceHelper::Install<nfd::fw::MyForwardingStrategy>(Names::Find<Node>("Router"), prefix); I get following error message when I go to build my scenario:
/ns-3/build/./ns3/ndnSIM/helper/ndn-strategy-choice-helper.hpp:122: undefined reference to `nfd::fw::MyForwardingStrategy::STRATEGY_NAME'
Kindly tell me what am I missing. Any help would be much appreciated.
P.S. Go easy on me, I'm a novice ndnSIM (ns-3) user. :)
Best Regards,
Hammad