[ndnSIM] How can i get and change CS lifetime

Sonia Sabir (MS Student) soniasabir at ciit.net.pk
Tue Apr 3 05:48:55 PDT 2018

The freshness attribute of Producer app is used for this purpose. Please see
all the attributes here
https://ndnsim.net/2.1/doxygen/AttributeList.html

It can be used as
ndn::AppHelper producerHelper("ns3::ndn::Producer");
producerHelper.SetAttribute("Freshness", TimeValue(Seconds(5)));

It sets the life time of each data packet to 5 seconds.

Also if you want to use it in your own custom app, please see line 83 in the
example:examples/ndn-custom-apps/custom-app.cpp in this link
(http://ndnsim.net/current/applications.html)
auto data = std::make_shared<ndn::Data>(interest->getName());
  data->setFreshnessPeriod(ndn::time::milliseconds(1000));
Hope it will help you. Thanks