[ndnSIM] Trying to re-compile ndnSIM class Forwarder

John Baugh jpbaugh at umich.edu
Thu May 18 23:35:50 PDT 2017

Greetings again friends,

I'm up working on this trying to get my scenario to work with a custom
forwarder again at nearly 3 a.m. *on my birthday*.  I'm not sure if that's
dedication or insanity.  ;)

I spent another 4-5 hours trying to figure out this specific problem
tonight, but with no luck.  I have found the following:

1.  forwarder.hpp lives in *both *ns-3/build/ns3/ndnSIM/NFD/daemon/fw *as
well as *ns-3/src/ndnSIM/NFD/daemon/fw
     The later also has a forwarder.cpp in it.

2.  Which one of the copies (?) of forwarder.hpp mentioned above am I
supposed to change / modify for my scenarios to use it instead of the
default one?  Where is the corresponding forwarder.cpp file for the one in
ns-3/build path (there is one in the ns-3/src path, but none to be found in
ns-3/build path mentioned above)

3.  Why is there a *waf *in so many different directories?  They seem to be
specialized to the different components of ndnSIM, such as NFD, ndn-cxx,
and specific scenarios -  Perhaps I'm using the wrong one(s)?

4.  My scenarios are still saying that the Forwarder class doesn't have a
printMessageForTest method, even though I have it declared in both the
copies of forwarder.hpp, and have it defined in forwarder.cpp.  I tried
recompiling using ./waf in various directories, and I cannot find a
solution to this problem.

I appreciate your patience again.  This is a really irritating situation,
and I'm fairly certain there's something simple I'm missing.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John