[ndnSIM] Trying to re-compile ndnSIM class Forwarder

John Baugh jpbaugh at umich.edu
Wed May 17 23:47:21 PDT 2017

Greetings ndnSIM friends,

I've spent the last few days working on trying to modify the Forwarder
class (which I did - I modified *ns-3/src/ndnSIM/NFD/daemon/fw/forwarder.[hpp,
cpp]*)

However, ./waf doesn't seem to work properly.  I even did a ./waf clean and
./waf build.  On one of the runs of ./waf I did notice it (apparently?)
successfully re-build the forwarder.cpp file.

What I did was add a method (the prototype to .hpp and definition to .cpp)
called *printMessageForTest())*

I would assume that after ndnSIM was rebuilt with ./waf that my scenario,
which calls printMessageForTest on the forwarder would actually work, but
it doesn't recognize it.

Any clue what's going on?

Alternatively, if anyone could give an appropriate procedure for ensuring
all changes make it into the system when modifications of actual ndnSIM
files are made, it would be appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

John