[ndnSIM] "Re-definition" / "name already exists" issues when using ./waf + weird behavior

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Sun May 7 10:40:14 PDT 2017

Hi John

Is there any way to resolve this without having to rename everything?  It's
> quite a pain.

NFD has recently added "strategy parameters" which allows the caller to
pass a parameter to the strategy constructor in the form of a name
component. I do not know whether this feature has hit ndnSIM yet. If so,
you can avoid duplicating the strategy, but let it change behavior
according to the parameter.
Otherwise, another trick I used previously is to pass the parameter as an
environment variable.

> My jpb-pop2 ONLY USES PStrat2 class.  There are no PStrat class references
> anywhere.  BUT when I run this scenario, I'm getting output indicating that
> BOTH my PStrat and PStrat2 constructors are being called, as well as
> destructors.

There's no need to worry about this. Every Strategy subclass object is
expected to be stateless. Strategy can only store states in Measurements
and other tables. Therefore, forwarding behavior would not change no matter
how many Strategy instances are constructed.
You may be able to find out what is calling your constructor by setting a
breakpoint in GDB.