[ndnSIM] confusion about scenario template

jennifer kulnu jenniferkulnu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 05:52:14 PDT 2017

Hello all,

So I have been installing ndnsim version 2.3 and have followed the
instructions. I have downloaded the ndnsim source and have run and
compiled ndnsim.

But when i finally cloned the scenario template and
run the command ./waf configure within the scenario directory, I get
the following errors

NS-3 or one of the required NS-3 modules not found
NS-3 needs to be compiled and installed somewhere.  You may need also
to set PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable in order for configure find installed
NS-3.
For example:
    PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH ./waf configure

So I searched around and saw that Alex mentioned this
"you need to clone ndnSIM-sample-topologies into a separate location,
not related to ns-3"

So currently, in my system, the scenario directory is located at
ndnSIM/scenario. and ns-3 is located at ndnSIM/ns-3.

Where am I going wrong?

Please help

Thanks,

Jennifer