[ndnSIM] problem about simulation scenario template

-- xybuaa at foxmail.com
Fri Apr 7 22:56:21 PDT 2017

Hi,
I'm learning ndnsim and I've got a problem on Ubuntu when I'm trying to put my own ndn.cc file into simulation. Firstly I put ndn.cc under /home/usr/ndnSIM/my-simulations/scenarios. However it got no simulation results after "'bulid' finished sucessfully" while ndn.cc file has been compiled successfully and all configure are done as well. It's supposed to output 3 trace files including packet-drop.txt, cache-hit.txt and delays.txt. But only empty packet-drop.txt and cache-hit.txt are produced and delays.txt is missing. The reason for this is that simulaion didn't start up at all I guess. So packet-drop.txt and cache-hit.txt are produced but empty.

Then I put ndn.cc file under ndnSIM/ns-3/src/ndnSIM/examples and finished all the compiling and configuring. But it still went wrong after "'build' finished sucessfully" with the following RED message:
Command ['/home/usr/ndnSIM/ns-3/build/src/ndnSIM/examples/ns3-dev-ndn-CEE-debug', '--SimulatorImplementationType=ns3::VisualSimulatorImpl'] terminated with signal SIGSEGV. Run it under a debugger to get more information (./waf --run <program> --command-template="gdb --args %s <args>").

I've run ndn-simple example with visualization successfully before so it seems that I've set ndnsim correctly. Now I'm confused how the problem occurs and how to solve it . I'd appreciate it if someone could give me any advice. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Ken