[ndnSIM] SIGSEGV when simply assigning one smart pointer to another?

John Baugh jpbaugh at umich.edu
Sun Apr 9 20:36:39 PDT 2017

Greetings all,

I posted this question before but received no responses, so I figured I'd
give it another shot.

I've updated my Github repository with the updated code:
profjpbaugh/ndnSIM-strategy1

The scenario in question is *jpb-pop1*.  The offending code seems to be
when I pass my PopularityManager object to a set method, and then do the
actual assignment.  I created the PopularityManager as an adapter object
(and go-between) between the PStrat (strategy) and the PopularityPolicy
(policy).

In order to establish my definition of "popularity", I require the interest
information (which PStrat has), and to control caching / replacement
ultimately (which is in PopularityPolicy), I need this information about
interests.

I am able to print (using cout) just before the assignment occurs, but it
seems the segfault happens right then.

I used GDB and it does indeed say there's a SIGSEGV, but I cannot for the
life of me figure out why this is happening.  It happens if I try to set
the data member (popularityManager) to anything.

So I don't think it's the parameter (or argument) being passed in.

Any assistance would be appreciated.  This may be some peculiar smart
pointer issue, but I'm not sure.

Thanks,

John