[ndnSIM] StartApplication and StopApplication

John Baugh jpbaugh at umich.edu
Sun Nov 20 19:43:19 PST 2016

Greetings folks,

In the ns3::ndn::App class, there are two virtual void methods,
StartApplication and StopApplication that have some slightly ambiguous
documentation in

*http://ndnsim.net/2.1/doxygen/classns3_1_1ndn_1_1App.html#a20fd3ef630b6d05dc139911d1ef1b17f
<http://ndnsim.net/2.1/doxygen/classns3_1_1ndn_1_1App.html#a20fd3ef630b6d05dc139911d1ef1b17f>*

When the documentation says:

"Method that is called at the time specified by Start"

Does this refer to ns3::ApplicationContainer's Start method (and likewise
Stop for the ns3::ApplicationContainer's Stop method)?

I come to that conclusion based on the example in:
http://ndnsim.net/2.1/guide-to-simulate-real-apps.html

Where we have:

*ndn::AppHelper appHelper("RealAppStarter");
  appHelper.Install(node)
    .Start(Seconds(6.5));*

So, I assume since Install on AppHelper returns an
ns3::ApplicationContainer, that this is the start and stop referred to?

Thanks,

John