[ndnSIM] how to solve "fatal error : ns3/ndnSIM-module.h : No such file or directory"

Alex Afanasyev aa at CS.UCLA.EDU
Sun Sep 13 14:47:31 PDT 2015

Hi Charmi,

If you're getting this error, it means that ndnSIM module has not been enabled, e.g., some dependency is missing.
Check output of `./waf configure`, which should tells what is going on wrong.

You may be missing boost libraries, or the location of libraries cannot be automatically detected (most common issues).  Double check that you have followed instruction for dependency installation.  You may need to add --boost-includes and --boost-libs flags to ./waf configure.

I will also recommend working with 2.1 version, as it has a slightly reduced number of dependencies.