[ndnSIM] Possibilities of real-time test-bed scenarios of NDN

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.EDU
Tue Nov 17 08:23:39 PST 2015

Hi Muhammad

You may consider:
• regular virtual machines
• Vagrant
• Mininet
• Mini-NDN
• Open Network Laboratory (ONL)
• Emulab

With the exception of Mini-NDN, you’ll have to install NDN stack into the environment.
ONL and Emulab are sort of “cloud oriented”. They are shared resource provided by WUSTL and UTAH, respectively.

However, I doubt there would be significant difference between the results from ndnSIM and the results from elsewhere, because ndnSIM forwarding is based on NFD codebase.

Yours, Junxiao

From: Muhammad Aamir
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 03:48
To: ndnsim at lists.cs.ucla.edu
Subject: [ndnSIM] Possibilities of real-time test-bed scenarios of NDN

Hello everyone,

I need to know "How can I access real-time test-bed scenarios of NDN?"

If I simulate some scenarios in ndnSIM, and then need to verify the results by comparing them with real-time traffic analysis, what are the possibilities to produce a good research in this direction? Please help and share the possibilities.

I would also look forward to have some cloud oriented real-time NDN-based systems available to access for research purpose etc.

Cheers,
Aamir.