[ndnSIM] Possibilities of real-time test-bed scenarios of NDN

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis mastorakis at CS.UCLA.EDU
Tue Nov 17 10:16:14 PST 2015

Hi Aamir,

the latest version of ndnSIM (ndnSIM 2.1) offers the simulation of real application written against the ndn-cxx library, fully leveraging the features of NFD. The incentive for that is that now you can write your own real applications and test them on a large scale using the simulator. In this way, you avoid the burden of accessing various cloud systems, setting up their configuration etc.

We have a guide on our website elaborating on how you can perform simulations of real applications:

http://ndnsim.net/2.1/guide-to-simulate-real-apps.html

If you need general information about ndnSIM, you may take a look at our technical report:

http://named-data.net/publications/techreports/ndn-0028-1-ndnsim-v2/

Thanks!

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis
Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/ <http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/>