[ndnSIM] Problems about the suppress of PIT

zhangxuebei zhangxuebei1215 at 163.com
Sun Apr 27 19:59:17 PDT 2014

 Hi!
I use the ndnSIM to do my research about the influence of the suppress of PIT.
So I want to turn down the function of suppress,that is when a CCN node receive a similar interest from different face,I need the PIT creates a new pit entry.(Do you understand me?)
Now I think maybe I need to modify the function   OnInterest()  in ForwardingStrategy.cc . Is that right? but it is always fail, I really need your help!!!!
Because my time is limited, I beg your reply sincerely!!
Thank you sooooooo much!
Best regards!

Zhang

p.s : This is the code I modified,but it is failed. Other place is the same as the original,just this section of OnInterest() is modified.

 void
ForwardingStrategy::OnInterest (Ptr<Face> inFace,
                                Ptr<Interest> interest)
{

   if (similarInterest && ShouldSuppressIncomingInterest (inFace, interest, pitEntry))
     {
       Ptr<pit::Entry> similarpitEntry = m_pit->Create (interest);
       if (similarpitEntry != 0)
         {
           DidCreatePitEntry (inFace, interest, similarpitEntry);

           similarpitEntry->AddIncoming(inFace);
           similarpitEntry->UpdateLifetime(interest->GetInterestLifetime());
           DidForwardSimilarInterest(inFace, interest,similarpitEntry );
         }
       else
         {
           FailedToCreatePitEntry (inFace, interest);
           return;
         }
       //pitEntry->AddIncoming (inFace/*, interest->GetInterestLifetime ()*/);
       // update PIT entry lifetime
       //pitEntry->UpdateLifetime (interest->GetInterestLifetime ());

       // Suppress this interest if we're still expecting data from some other face
       //NS_LOG_DEBUG ("Suppress interests");
       //m_dropInterests (interest, inFace);

       //DidSuppressSimilarInterest (inFace, interest, pitEntry);
       return;
     }

 }