[ndnSIM] Problems about the suppress of PIT

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Mon Apr 28 15:47:36 PDT 2014

Hi Zhang,

It is a little bit confusing to me.  It doesn't make sense (and kind of impossible in ndnSIM) to create a new PIT entry for the same name prefix.  When you receive a similar Interest, you should just remember the incoming face inside the same PIT entry, but not to create a new one.

The question of whether to suppress the transmission of the interest further is a different one.  For that, you could modify ShouldSuppressIncomingInterest to always return false, removing function of "supporessing" similar Interest transmission.