[ndnSIM] CS,FIB,PIT don't make sense

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Fri Sep 6 10:49:39 PDT 2013

Hi Shaojie,

The specified prefix "/prefix" for the ConsumerCbr doesn't mean that the application will be requesting the same thing over and over again. In fact, it will be requesting unique pieces of data, /prefix/%00, /prefix/%00%01, /prefix/%00%02, etc., none of them can benefit from caching.

If you want see some cache performance, you need to use several ConsumerCbr's or use different consumer, such as ConsumerZipfMandelbrot, which generates requests for data within predefined set.