[ndnSIM] PIT Entry implementation in ndnSIM

James A A james.siit at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 06:35:04 PDT 2013

Hi Alex,

I looked at how PIT entry is implemented in ndnSIM. I observed that the
lifetime of a PIT entry for a given interest is updated every time
subsequent interests for the same data arrive at a node (router) before the
entry lifetime expires. The node is still waiting to receive the data. I
obtained this information, in addition to other sources, from simulation
run on ndnSIM when I used NS_LOG=ndn.pit.Entry. Please clarify this.

Is ndnSIM based on CCNx documentation? If yes, please see
https://www.ccnx.org/releases/ccnx-0.8.0/doc/technical/CCNxProtocol.htmlunder
CCNx Node Model ==> Pending Interest Table (PIT), and Strategy Rules
==> 2nd paragraph.

Regards,
James