[ndnSIM] Confusion about Consumer Window

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Sat Nov 16 16:59:27 PST 2013

Hi Tun,

Let me clarify first.  ConsumerWindow is not trying to implement TCP's congestion control.  It has some similarities, but it has completely different logic.

You can implement a version that more or less copies TCP's behavior, but you will need first to choose and study a specific congestion control scheme that you want to implement.  For start, I can recommend the survey my colleagues and I wrote a couple of years back (http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/SURV.2010.042710.00114).