[ndnSIM] how to update ndnsim codes without a github account

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Thu Mar 28 11:23:23 PDT 2013

Hi huyao,

Conflicts are not necessarily are blocking point for the merge.  You can always manually resolve the conflicts using "git mergetool" using your favorite merging app.  Having or not having github account is kind of irrelevant here.

Having said that, I continue to advocate a modular approach for simulation scenarios.  That is, in most of the cases you don't really need to modify ndnSIM internals, as almost everything can be done in the form of extensions, and if something is not, I would be glad to include it to ndnSIM.

You can use one of these examples http://ndnsim.net/getting-started.html#simulating-using-ndnsim as a starting point.   This way you will be able to update to the latest ndnSIM without creating any conflict, since you will not be modifying ndnSIM code.  Another plus, you can easily track your changes in your scenarios, as well as bundle your scenarios with other relevant information (topologies, graph building scripts, etc.).