[ndnSIM] Zipf-Mandelbrot Patch for ndnSIM

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Wed Feb 13 15:30:48 PST 2013

Hi Saran,

Unfortunately, the problem has been finally solved yet.  What is happening (https://github.com/shockjiang/ndnSIM/blob/master/apps/ndn-consumer-zipf-mandelbrot.cc) is that "q" and "s" parameters are only activated when "SetNumberOfContents" method is called (either directly or indirectly via NS-3 attribute system).   When "q" or "s" is updated through NS-3 attribute system, this is not resulting in any change with rank or power of the Zipf distribution (not until somebody calls SetNumberOfContents again).

To "fix" the problem, we just need to implement functions to set "q" and "s" (and replace accessors on https://github.com/shockjiang/ndnSIM/blob/master/apps/ndn-consumer-zipf-mandelbrot.cc#L53 and on https://github.com/shockjiang/ndnSIM/blob/master/apps/ndn-consumer-zipf-mandelbrot.cc#L57 to use these functions) and in part of these functions there should be a call SetNumberOfContents.

Like

void
SetQ (double q)
{
   m_q = q;
   SetNumberOfContents (m_N);
}

We will appreciate if you can spare some time to write this "fix".