[Ndn-interest] [EXT]Re: NDN Research Issue, Name-Lookup in NFD

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Fri Apr 24 00:54:54 PDT 2020

Hi avakili

In NDN network, the only way one node can *contact* another node in a
different location is to send an NDN packet. If you want to use a remote
database, it'll need to run over NDN. Then, how do you know where to send
the packets for database queries?

Also, contacting a remote node before making each forwarding decision would
significantly increase latency, and double the forwarding workload.

Yours, Junxiao