[Ndn-interest] ERROR: std::bad_alloc in repo-ng

Alexander Ni alexni1992 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 09:49:00 PDT 2017

> This is not a supported system. Can you run the same scenario with Ubuntu
> 16.04 64-bit (or another supported system, see platform policy
> <https://named-data.net/codebase/platform/documentation/ndn-platform-development-guidelines/> “build
> support”) and see whether the same problem occurs?

No, we can't currently move to latest ubuntu.

This is not the latest version. Can you try git master branch?
> Be sure to include commit hashes (seen via `git log | head -1`) of each
> repository in your bug report.

Yes, but we thought first to check if possible to be fixed on the current
version.

std::bad_alloc is usually associated with a memory overflow. Run `watch
> free -m` to see if the machine is running out of memory.

We have 5 Gbyte of free memory. In the next moment after the error repo-ng
just release the 2 GB that it used to store the data.

Best Regards,
Alexander Ni