[Ndn-interest] [Nfd-dev] How to see data retrieve / download time using "ndngetfile" command?

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Wed Jun 21 19:24:31 PDT 2017

Hi Toufiqul

It is certainly possible to serve videos and other static files over NDN
from your personal website. You'll need a VPS. Regular hosting accounts are
insufficient.

Server side: NDNFS https://github.com/remap/ndnfs-port
I used to operate a server using this software. Initial setup is confusing,
but it's pretty stable afterwards.

Client side: NDN Firefox add-on
https://github.com/named-data/ndn-js#firefox-add-on-for-the-ndn-protocol
It should be possible to write a web app as the client so it can work in
more browsers, but supporting videos would need advanced knowledge in video
encoding and WebRTC APIs.

Yours, Junxiao