[Mini-NDN] Custom experiments in MiniNDN, Sending data, Error: No default identity

Anurag Muttur anuragmuttur123 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 04:38:40 PDT 2020

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding MiniNDN,

1. How do I make and execute custom experiments on MiniNDN? Should I just
run the python file? But some older experiments like the ping server and
client as shown in the demo do not work if I just run the python file (I
get an error like 'No module named experiment'). In the previous version of
MiniNDN, I could run the experiment and check the list of experiments
available with sudo minindn --experiment and sudo minindn
--experiment-list. I would like to know if there is such a feature on this
latest version of MiniNDN. I would like to know if there is more
documentation that shows me how to run custom experiments apart from
http://minindn.memphis.edu/experiment.html.

2. When I create my own three node topology, eg. a-b-c all linked together,
I can ping a-c but cannot ping c-a unless I mention the IP address of a. Is
there another way to create this link without mentioning the IP address? I
have seen something on using a 'route' command but I am unsure how to use
it.

3. Everytime I start MiniNDN, I get an error message that says 'Error: No
default identity'. That being said, this doesn't seem to have an impact on
the network created but I would like to know what the significance behind
this error message is.

Thanks and Regards,
Anurag