[Nfd-dev] ERROR:error while connecting to the forwarder

JohnQi zhouqi_mail at 163.com
Thu Aug 27 01:57:56 PDT 2015

Hi! Every one,

 We are woking on an experiment on NFD. To evaluate the performance of the NFD, we try to use the traffic-generator provided with the NFD together. We wrote two configuration files according to "ndn-traffic-server.conf.sample" and "ndn-traffic-client.conf.sample". The only difference between our configuration files and the orginal configuration files lie on the number of the content in the files. Our files include 10 thousands of content.  Then I started the nfd at the client and the server. Moreover, registered the name prefix by binding the sever ip.
There is an error ocured then with a msg that "error while connecting to the forwarder" (we have correctly run and compile NFD and ndn-traffic-generator). Our configure files "ndn-traffic-server.conf.sample, ndn-traffic-server.conf.sample.full-data, ndn-traffic-client.conf.sample" are attached in this mail.
To identify this error, we constructed another configure files and found that there is no error at all if the number of the content in the configuration files is less then 1936. This two configuration files are attatched also.
I think this is a bug of the NFD in consideration of the simplicity of the  traffic-generator.  Does anybody know about this? Please do us a favor to check this problem.
Looking forward to your reply. Thanks a lot.

Yours sincerely.
John qi.