[Nfd-dev] Possibility of dropping support for OSX 10.8

Davide Pesavento davide.pesavento at lip6.fr
Wed Oct 29 05:48:31 PDT 2014

Alex,

Personally, I couldn't care less about the level of support for OS X,
as we exclusively use Linux for our research.

However, if we want to say that we support OS X, we should at least be
serious and credible about it. Mountain Lion was released a little
more than 2 years ago, and I believe it's still supported by Apple
(although there's no clear official policy on this so feel free to
correct me if I'm wrong). I think it's a bit premature to drop support
for it.

If the reason for this proposal is the libstdc++ vs. libc++ issue
(which is blocking C++11 adoption, or at least making it harder to
build NFD with C++11 on 10.8), I believe it's probably better to
postpone the switch to C++11 until v0.4 or even v0.5.

Thanks,
Davide