[Ndn-interest] [EXT] Can I use "nfdc" outside the command line?

Otávio Augusto otavio.augusto.snc at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 12:59:41 PDT 2023

Hello, Junxiao. Thanks a lot for the quick response.

More specifically, I need to list, create, and destroy operations for faces
and routes at runtime. My use case requires these operations autonomously
and based on some network states, which is why using the command line
(nfdc) does not satisfy me.

I believe that NFD Management Protocol is a viable solution to my problem,
perhaps with a greater workload than I would like. If I understand
correctly, I have to use ndn-cxx together with the rules defined by the
protocol to perform the operations I need. For example, to request the
creation of a face, I could use as described in
https://redmine.named-data.net/projects/nfd/wiki/FaceMgmt#Create-a-face

The operations I need seem to be "basic", so I suppose there is a high
chance of python-ndn implementing them. However, at first, I couldn't find
any of these operations that I mentioned in the examples or the python-ndn
code. I need more time to confirm. If not, I can request it as a new
resource, as mentioned.
The solution described via container does not seem to have the features I
need, because I would still need to execute it manually on the command line.

Yours, Otavio