[Ndn-interest] [EXT] Can I use "nfdc" outside the command line?

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at arizona.edu
Wed Oct 4 10:31:14 PDT 2023

Hi Otávio

python-ndn nfd_mgmt.py
<https://github.com/named-data/python-ndn/blob/aa6f29742cbbe1f06c59e64dafaee893144f2889/src/ndn/app_support/nfd_mgmt.py>
 has:

   - TLV models for face and route
   - functions for making a command and parsing a response

These can satisfy create and destroy operations for faces and routes, but
you have to follow the rules defined by the protocol.
For list operation, TLV models are there, but there's no functions for
parsing the response.

You can access the Docker Engine from the script instead of CLI, by using a
Docker client library such as dockerode
<https://github.com/apocas/dockerode>.

Yours, Junxiao