[Ndn-interest] [EXT] Can I use "nfdc" outside the command line?

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at arizona.edu
Tue Oct 3 06:43:26 PDT 2023

Hi Otavio

The underlying protocol of 'nfdc' command is the NFD Management Protocol:
https://redmine.named-data.net/projects/nfd/wiki/Management

If you are looking for a library solution,

   - ndn-cxx is the library powering nfdc command, so that it has all the
   features.
   - python-ndn and NDNts each have a partial implementation. Additional
   features can be requested via the respective issue tracker.

You can also simply run 'nfdc' in another container, to interact with the
NFD container:
docker pull howardz21/nfd-docker
docker volume create nfd
docker run -d --rm --name nfd --cap-add NET_ADMIN --mount
type=volume,source=nfd,target=/run/nfd howardz21/nfd-docker nfd
docker run --rm --mount
type=volume,source=nfd,target=/var/run/nfd,readonly=true
howardz21/nfd-docker nfdc face list

Yours, Junxiao