[Ndn-interest] Can I use "nfdc" outside the command line?

Otávio Augusto otavio.augusto.snc at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 05:53:33 PDT 2023

Hello everybody.

I have an NFD (v. 0.6.1) running in a container and I would like a solution
that allows me to perform runtime procedures similar to nfdc (like
create/destroy routes, faces...), but not through a terminal. I believe
that the ideal option for my case would be an NFD client that connects to
the NFD process in operation and can send these commands for the NFD to
execute them.

In my research, I found the python-ndn project (
https://github.com/named-data/python-ndn), as far as I understand, it
doesn't support the operations I need.

So, is there any solution in this regard? If it doesn't exist, the best way
I see to solve this problem is to create an application that executes the
nfdc command as in the terminal and returns the result (like the "os"
library in Python), but this seems like something with many potential
problems.