[Ndn-interest] Scope of Link object?

Muhammad Hosain Abdollahi Sabet mhasabet at gmail.com
Mon May 23 22:23:41 PDT 2016

​
the forwarding hint (LINK) should be able to find a match from FIB; there
isn't any specific limit on the number of components.

You're right. I was talking in Web Namespace. By two I meant firstly one
for /com, /net, /ir , etc and secondly /prefix.

​​
if you use the word "topological" (not geographical): network topology is
not equivalent to locations.
if the prefix "/google" is announced into the network from multiple places,
then a router simply steers those interests carrying "/google" prefix (in
its name or LINK) toward the nearest carrying announcement location
(assuming best path strategy).

Actually geographical location is not matter to me here if there wouldn't
be difference in routing costs. I mean for example, I enroll /sabet under
/google in a LINK delegation. So interests carrying /sabet when arrive at
DFZ will look for /google, then in /google network will be directly looked
up. The question is if there are /google in multiple places(like one in US
and one in West Asia) which leads to multiple topological places, and I
create the LINK in West Asia, how can interests carrying /sabet in EU reach
/sabet in West Asia, supposing US is the best path for EU in comparison to
West Asia? Solving such situations are on network owners'(e.g /google)?
Considerations should be considered by produces(e.g /sabet)?

Thanks,
Sabet