[Mini-NDN] Node File Transfer Query

Jhaell Jimenez jimenj16 at unlv.nevada.edu
Sun May 15 13:32:09 PDT 2022

Hello all,

When attempting to transfer files in MiniNDN, I use ndncatchunks and
ndnputchunks. But I am curious if there is a method to have a node create
its own file (lets say a .txt file) and then transfer it to another node.

For example:
node1 creates .txt file (using touch sample.txt) and is now stored in its
cache
node1 then uses ndnputchunks to advertise it
node2 then requests the file prefix using ndncatchunks

I have tried doing this, but it seems it only creates a copy of it—not a
complete transfer.
The file is moved to node2, but also node1 *still *has the txt file in its
cache.

If there are any ideas on how to solve my issue? or methods already done?
Please let me know.

Thank you all,

-
J.