[Mini-NDN] [EXT] Node File Transfer Query

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Sun May 15 17:29:20 PDT 2022

Hi Jhaell

This behavior is by design.

When you touch a file, the file is stored in the filesystem of node1, not
its cache (Content Store).

When you run ndnputchunks on node1, the program creates Data packets from
the file, but those Data packets only exist within ndnputchunks, and not in
the cache (Content Store).

When you run ndncatchunks on node2, the program sends Interests to retrieve
the file, which pulls the Data packets from the ndnputchunks program.
Only at this time, the Data packets could enter the cache (Content Store)
on both nodes.
The original file would still exist in the filesystem of node1; it would
not disappear.

Yours, Junxiao