[Mini-NDN] Emulations using Wifi

Alexander Wilhelm Lane (awlane) awlane at memphis.edu
Wed Jul 14 20:13:49 PDT 2021

We've used IP multicast in the past to the best of my recollection but we don't have a current example of it which is a definite issue. I'll try and dig up some old code and let you know if we had to do anything in particular with it.

Also I've been trying to improve the documentation, a lot of it is tentative and I need to expand the Wifi specific section a tremendous amount but what I have so far is at this Gerrit change if it would be helpful at all https://gerrit.named-data.net/c/mini-ndn/+/6455

Vis a vis propagation models, I don't know if we've played with them too much but there should be no obvious issue with using them. We have a few methods of using mobility (replay (which is basically sets of beginning and end points and start/end points) and model (ie things like gauss markov)) provided by Mininet-Wifi which you can see simple examples of in the wifi_ping.py code in examples.

Feel free to send over any further questions, and I'll try and provide additional clarification of the multicast support ASAP tomorrow.
-Alex