[Mini-NDN] Emulations using Wifi

Philipp Moll phmoll at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Jul 14 17:42:32 PDT 2021

Hi Saurab,

without having tried the code, I am impressed by what is supported!
Thanks a lot for sharing the information.

I looked through the different wifi code-pieces and there are still some
missing links where I don't know yet how everything works together.

I guess the wifi_ping examples should be started with the
singleap-topology.conf
<https://github.com/named-data/mini-ndn/blob/master/topologies/wifi/singleap-topology.conf>.
This configuration defines one access point and two stations. But it
also defines links connecting the stations with the AP. I guess those
are the Wifi links that underlie some propagation loss model, right?

And in the wifi_ping example, faces are created directly between the two
stations (Lines 67-69: "a" opens the face to the IP address of "b"). So,
my understanding of multicast faces is limited, but is it possible that
both stations open a "Wifi-face" that hears everything what is sent over
the AP's wifi? Eg., when having 10 stations, every station only needs to
open a Wifi face and hears all other stations that are within the
current range.

I guess when doing a MANET evaluation, such a behavior would be very
helpful. Or maybe I am just thinking overly complex.

Thanks,
Philipp