[Mini-NDN] Emulations using Wifi

Saurab Dulal (sdulal) sdulal at memphis.edu
Tue Jul 13 21:31:27 PDT 2021

Hi Philipp,

<https://github.com/named-data/mini-ndn/tree/master/minindn/wifi>

Wifi<https://github.com/named-data/mini-ndn/tree/master/minindn/wifi> is now the part of Mini-NDN main repository. Yes, the documentation has not been released yet, it is still a work in progress. You can refer to this example: https://github.com/named-data/mini-ndn/blob/master/examples/wifi/wifi_ping.py and the wifi code<https://github.com/named-data/mini-ndn/tree/master/minindn/wifi> to get some ideas.

Mobility and broadcast are supported by the wifi module. Mini-NDN wifi is based on mininet-wifi (https://github.com/intrig-unicamp/mininet-wifi) so, most of the functionality supported by mininet-wifi is also supported Mini-NDN Wifi.

Mininet-Wifi supports a few propagations loss models (https://mininet-wifi.github.io/propagation/), I believe they should be supported by the Mini-NDN wifi as well, but I am not entirely sure. Someone from Wifi developer team needs to chip in here.

Best,

Saurab